Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My New Blog

Hello my name is Devin Tyrelle and I am using this blog for my Contemporary World Issues Class. In my blog I will try to cover all of The North American News! I will try not to have a biased opinion, but that will be hard. If anyone agrees or disagrees with what I am saying please feel free to let me know. I would ask however that you refrain from using profanity on my blog.
Thank You!

Clinton & Obama
Obama made a comment about how Martin Luther King Jr. earned credit from being a
Civil Rights leader and fights for the rights of black people in America. There was a dispute when Clinton said that LBJ, a former president of The United States, was responsible for enacting the Civil Rights legislation.
She said, "Dr. King's dream began to be realized when President Lyndon Johnson passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964"(CBSnews.com). Obama took offense to this because he felt that Clinton was taking away from Martin Luther King Jr.'s accomplishments.

4 comments:

Adubb3 said...

Nice job devin

Jack Johnson

Adubb3 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sean Rakowski said...

This was certainly an event of some interest, Devin. Obama and Clinton have followed this up with more conflict during the debate in South Carolina. You could follow up on this storyline...

Also, remember to add your own comments to your blogs. What do you think about the situation? Was it blown out of proportion, or should people have been upset about it?
Mr. R

Flashgordon88 said...

I think that the situation might have been blown out of proportion. I don't think Clinton meant to offend anyone, but she should have been wiser about her comments.